REVIEW // L'Oreal Blake's Pure Red Lipstick

by - 20:18


























So, we all know I love a good lipstick. I've become quite the lipstick hoarder these past couple of months. (Prepare for my top 5 MAC lipsticks post after Christmas by the way.) Work are holding a fundraiser next weekend, an incredibly formal Christmas ball, the theme of my outfit and make up is 50's. (See picture on left) I was just desperate to find a perfect red lipstick. Something that isn't too orangey and but not too dark as I wanted to find a brightish red.

Vivianna Does Makeup filmed a video called Winter Edit, and this lipstick featured, swatched next to Ruby Woo by MAC, they were basically identical. So of course, I ran over to Superdrug as soon as I could. As I'd spent this month's pay on Christmas presents, I really couldn't afford to pay £15 for a lipstick I probably wouldn't wear that often, so £6.99 for a very close dupe is fantastic.

This lipstick is a lovely blue toned red, definitely a matte finish, not quite as matte as Ruby Woo though (which is probably a good thing, I hear it's awfully drying.) 

It's incredibly pigmented and ever so opaque. Ain't no natural lip colour is gonna show through this lipstick. I've been wearing it since I bought it at 3:30pm, and it's left a lovely stain, so nearly 5 hours wear and it hasn't gone patchy or anything, which is pretty long lasting in my books.


I've always liked L'Oreal's lipstick packaging, it always looks a lot more expensive than it actually is, it's not too plasticky looking either. I also like how the lid actually clicks into place, that lid is not falling off in your handbag any time soon, my friend.

The Christmas ball is only for 5 hours-ish, so let's hope this lipstick serves me well. I may well become a regular red lipstick wearer now. I already own one too many red lipstick, although they're either dark reds or none of the true reds really suit me (far too orange toned).

Let me know if you've found any blue-toned drugstore red lipsticks, it would be much appreciated. Girl's on a budget, y'know.

That's all for now,
Rachel. xo




You May Also Like

2 comments