What I Got For Christmas 2014

by - 13:45




Hey you guys!
I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas. I spent mine in my new onesie on the sofa, buying lots of things from the sales, obviously.
This year I didn't really ask my parents for a lot because since I have my own income now, if there's something I want, I'll get it on payday. So these are more things they've spotted and thought I'd like or if I've wanted things for ages and couldn't bring myself to buy them because of the price or whatever. Let me just say, I hate surprises so a lot of the gifts from my parents, I picked out, haha.

Just a disclaimer which I don't really feel I should have to do but whatever, I'm not bragging, I appreciate every single gift I got given. And if you're anything like me, I love seeing what other people got for Christmas. I literally sat and watched about 9 What I Got For Christtmas 2014 videos this morning.

Let's get right into it!



My little sister bought me these and I love them. I know it might come as a shock, but I do like things other than Disney (I know, how weird!) but I knew I was possibly going to be getting a lot of Disney stuff for Christmas so I asked her to get me the Mia Wallace Funko POP figure (Pulp Fiction is one of my favourite movies) and the Kick-Ass 3 Graphic Novel, I've read the previous 2 and the films are in my top 5 favourite movies ever. The Adventure Time colouring book was a bit of a surprise, I've been kind of into colouring a lot lately so that was a super sweet present.



I went over to my best friend, Shauna's house on the Sunday before Christmas and we exchanged presents. It was all neatly wrapped on red polka dot paper and in a gorgeous Disney Princess gift bag (yes, I'm saving that for next year.)
I didn't notice a theme until I'd opened them all up but I was very impressed. I'd spotted the Minnie mug and soft toy in the Disney store a while back but I couldn't bring myself to spend £15 at the time on a mug. But I loooove them. Thank you, Shauna! (She also got me a gorgeous blingy triangle necklace which will be in the jewellery section of this blog post, so look out for that.


I've come to realise that I've organised this blog post very badly, oh dear! I've started so I'll finish it I suppose, haha. The cute Christmas Minnie is from my parents. I kind of gave them a list of things I'd spotted online that I really liked and they went and bought it. This was one of them but on it's own it was £20 (ouch!) but if you spent over £20 at Disney Store Online then it would be £9.99 on it's own, so that was one hell of a deal and my parents had gone way over the £20 mark, hahaha. She's so fluffy and the velvet on her dress is so soft, ugh. I live for soft toys.
The Bambi slippers were a present from my grandparents (well, kind of, my grandparents are getting on a bit and can't really go anywhere so they send my mum money for me and my sister and either mum gets us presents with that money or we pick some things out before Christmas) I found these in Primark for £8 and I was just madly in love, I had to get them. I always find a way to get slippers every year for Christmas, haha.


The Magical Unicorn Poop shot glass and the 'How About A Nice Tall Glass Of Shut The Fuck Up' pint glass were gifts from my parents. They know me so well. And the Pinocchio DVD was from the money my grandparents gave me. I saw it in Primark, the same trip I saw the Bambi slippers on.


Oh god, do excuse this god awful photo. I couldn't get them all in frame or in focus apparently, sorry!

The Eeyore notebook and Minnie Mouse Gift Set were gifts from my auntie and uncle on my dad's side. We usually give them a rough idea of things we like and this year was 'just anything disney or makeuppy' The Eeyore notebook is just so pretty I never want to use it, it's got these cute Eeyore pictures on the corners of each page and gah I love me some Eeyore, but it's just too cute.. Hahaha. The Minnie Mouse toiletries set has a little perfume, a body lotion and a body wash (I think), the perfume smells really lovely (I haven't smelled the other ones yet, oops.) My auntie and uncle also got me the cutest necklace ever (again in the jewellery section of the blog post, look out for it) and cute little eyeshadow palette from New Look. The Anna and Olaf mug is from the Disney Store and is gift from my parents (I picked that one out also, oops)


Oooh, the popularly mentioned jewellery section. 

So, let's start with the gorgeous Ariel necklace, shall we. That was a gift from my auntie and uncle and funnily enough, I was going to buy a necklace very similar on payday but I stopped myself because I knew Christmas was soon, I absolutely adore it. The next two are gifts off my parents, the bracelet is a bit hard to see but it's an elasticated bracelet with pink blingy bits all over it, very cute. (I didn't even know about these ones!) and the last one is a present off my best friend, Shauna, she knows how much I love triangles. It's got 3 chains like 3 separate necklaces but there's a clasp connecting them all, so cute!


Okay so you see that Sleeping Beauty journal on the left? It's possibly the most perfect thing I've ever laid my eyes on. If I didn't get any other presents for Christmas, I'd be totally happy with just that. It was £12 from the Disney Store (yikes!) and it's from their Limited Edition Fairytale Collection, and it was also a gift from my parents. Thank you Mum and Dad, I love it!
The Minnie Mouse agenda on the right is a gift from my auntie and uncle on my Dad's side again, it super adorable. The whole book has a matte feel to it and you can enter your own dates on it! At the top of each page it says "Date:_____" NO MORE EMPTY PAGES. I hate that, when I get a daily journal/diary and it has set dates for each page. Like hello, maybe I don't want everybody to know I can't stick to writing in a diary? Hahaha.


These are both gifts from my parents (which I may or may not have picked out, as I said, hate surprises.) I found the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark box set on Amazon! Unfortunately it's not the Stephen Gammell edition of the books like I thought originally but still great stories none-the-less! And of course, Red Dead Redemption for Xbox, I've wanted this game for ages now but just never got round to buying it. I haven't started it yet but it look pretty good from what I've seen (Let's Play's on YouTube are very helpful.)


These are presents from the Secret Santa we did at work. So there's a lady at work called Fatima and I call her my work mum. Ever since I started she's looked out for me and she's just so lovely. So I was her secret santa, I got her some cute earrings and an Along Came Betty gift set. And it turns out she was my secret santa also! The budget was £5 by the way. She also got me some Frozen chocolate lollies. So, the Frozen handwash, I bought this for myself at the weekend previously from Poundland and it smells so lovely so I was really pleased to get that, there's so much of it in the bottle too! She got me a more appropriate cup for work (all I drink at work is squash, and I ALWAYS smash the glasses at work, so a plastic cup works perfectly, and obviously, it has Minnie on it, so even more perfect). And then the gorgeous Disney tin with most of the Disney characters all around it, which was once filled with very yummy cookies that I may or may not have already eaten, oops!

You know your obsession is bad when everybody at work knows about it too, haha!


So these are all gifts from my parents (except the Pure Colour palette which is from my lovely auntie and uncle.)

So, I got the gorgeous Smokey Eye Palette from the Holiday Keepsakes Collection by MAC. LOOK AT THAT PACKAGING. I got a Paintpot by MAC in the shade 'Painterly' (cult classic?) I also got some Real Techniques brushes, the buffing brush I got with the core collection that I got for Christmas last year has completely fallen apart, bless it, so I got the expert face brush and the eye starter kit. I also got a MAC lipsick in 'Flat Out Fabulous'. My auntie's sister was wearing that lipstick at my auntie's wedding and it just looked gorgeous on and I've been lusting after it for ages now.
And finally, my auntie and uncle got me one of the eyeshadow palettes from New Look's new make up line, Pure Colour. I've been wanting to try these out for a while now, so now I have the perfect opportunity! The colours are lovely too.



So my 'main' present I suppose is from my auntie and uncle on my mum's side and my parents (I got this before Christmas with the money I was given by my auntie and uncle and my mum put a little bit towards it also.)
So the bag I'm using everyday for work is a Primark bag, I bought it in September, it was £10 and it's falling to bits so I desperately needed a new one. I spotted this ages ago in my local alternative/emo/goth shop when I was buying my polka dot 50's dress for the Christmas Masquerade Ball fundraiser for work. It's buy the brand, Banned, it was £30 and it's a gorgeous black faux leather bag with a big sugar skull on the front. I absolutely adore it.


I just want to say a huge thank you to anybody that bought me a present or gave me money. I'm so appreciative of everything I got and I love you all very much. :-)

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas! Let me know what you got for Christmas in the comments below.

That's all for now,
Rachel. xo

You May Also Like

1 comments