REVIEW: They're Real Mascara from Benefit.

by - 17:13


Hey guys!
So I got this travel size version of the mascara free with Elle magazine about a month back now and I've been itching to do a review on before it runs out so here it is.

I must warn you, this is the first mascara review I've done before because I'm extremely self conscious of my eyelashes, as I do suffer with trichotillomania, my eyelashes are the places where my brain chooses to pull out, so the huge gap in the middle of my row of eyelashes is due to that, plus my eyelashes are naturally long so it just looks weird. Also, awful iPhone quality pictures yet again, under my laptop screen lighting, hahaha. Let's get to it!


So this 4g version of the normally 8.6g mascara retails for around £5 whereas the 8.6g one retails for about £19 and I'm sure I'll buy the full version when I'm financially stable enough to spend £20 on a mascara (ouch!) The packaging is very simple and cute and I like that it has a flat bottom, makes it easier to store, the lid tightens quite a bit too unlike some mascaras I own, I feel because of the tightish lid, it'll dry out less quickly.




Now, one thing I thought I'd absolutely hate about this mascara. THE FREAKIN' PLASTICY GROSS APPLICATOR, UGH. I have this thing where I basically can't wear any of these sorts of mascara as the bristles really really irritate my eyes, this is the only mascara made of plastic that hasn't done that! I'm usually a thick bristled mascara kind of girl myself but whatever! The applicator is quite thin and has a ball at the end which is used to get into the inner corner of the eyelashes and the outer corner and it works gosh darn well.

Time for the swatches!


Okay so let me just clarify, I have naturally pretty long eyelashes that any mascara on them will look pretty clumpy which kind of looks like what's happened here, this is only with one coat of mascara and then loads of combing through to declumpify them, I can promise you this mascara does not look this bad on everybody, hahaha. I tried it out on my mum and she has long eyelashes that are fairly separated and it looked brill!
So as you can see, a pretty drastic difference after just one coat and it's a great mascara!

I really think this is a great mascara and is definitely worth the £19 for the full price version (although it seems that you can buy the genuine full version for about £8-£12 on eBay!)

Benefit have done a great job with this one!


I hope you enjoyed this review!
Comment down below other products you'd like to see me review. :-)

That's all for now,
Rachel. xo

You May Also Like

2 comments