My Current Beauty Favourites.

by - 10:39


Hey guys!
So this post is going to be my current beauty favourites. I feel like when I do my monthly favourites, I don't really mention many beauty products. I suppose this could also be interpreted as a 'what's in my make up bag' since these are the things I use pretty much everyday. I actually got to use my DSLR this time round so yey for high quality pictures!


I absolutely adore this lipstick! It's pretty hard to wear sometimes though. It's such a vibrant pink, practically neon, my dad reckons it would be 'Cyndi Lauper's lipstick of choice', he reckons I look very 80's wearing it, hahaha.

This is my favourite eyebrow kit, the kit itself is so versatile, all of the shades work perfectly as eyeshadows aswell as brow powders. I use the dark dark brown one now that my hair is black. It comes with a little brush but I threw that away because I didn't like it. The powder stays on your eyebrows all day with or without eyebrow gel.


This is maybe the best lip balm I've ever tried, even beats Carmex (sorry Carmex!), it's very minty and you can feel it when it's moisturising your lips as it tingles, haha. I'll never use another lip balm again.

The MUA Luxe Lip Laquers could be considered an exact dupe for the Lime Crime Velvetines, similar pigmentation and very similar shades. Kooky is a dark purple shade, pretty wearable if you want a lipstick that's a bit 'out there', very dark though and extremely matte, so matte that you can just feel the skin on your lips starting to flake, so I usually pair this with my Collection Little Mix lipstick in 'Perrie' and it goes perfectly and stops my lips from cracking.


My favourite concealer ever, perfect for under the eyes and because it is a thick, heavy duty cream concealer (similar to that of MAC Studio Finish concealer), it hides blemishes super well, I've done a full review on this product here.

I have very dry skin as it is so rarely use powder, but if I ever do choose to wear powder, I will always go for this one. I don't know what it is about it, it applies so seamlessly and it doesn't look powdery on the skin.


I absolutely adore this foundation, it is a radient foundation so not one for the oily skinned. I love it purely because most drug store brands will have their lightest shade which is usually 'Ivory' and it's always just too dark for me still (I have like Snow White pale skin, it's ridiculous) but this is a shade lighter than Ivory and it matches perfectly (get the pun?)

This is the moisturiser I wear underneath make up, so I need a fairly light moisturiser and this does the job perfectly, it definitely does a good job of keeping my face moisturised for a fair few hours, if I'm not wearing make up, I'll usually opt for a night cream all over my face (yes, that's how dry my skin is). I also did a review of this too (here)


I absolutely love every brush in the collection but these two brushes stood out the most for me (left - contour brush. right - buffing brush.) The contour brush gets right into the hollows of the cheekbones to create a precise line and is perfect for blending, I also use this for blusher and highlighter and sometimes my powder too if I'm feeling lazy. The buffing brush creates the look of pretty much flawless looking skin and applies liquid foundation especially well, it's so easy to blend with and it's an all round great brush!


This is such a perfect palette, you can create really natural looks with it and also dark, smokey looks, it's a pretty versatile palette although it does only have one matte shade (top far right copper shade), but never the less, I've been at least two shades on my eyes every day. See my full review of this palette here.


Yes, yes I know. 'Rachel, using facial wipes is bad for your skin, ermahgerd that's so lazy you don't even properly cleanse your face ew gross ermahgerd'. I like using cleansing wipes to get the base of my make up off so foundation, concealer and eye make up, I'll then go in with a proper cleanser and get all the remaining muck off my face. Plus, I've noticed a difference in my skin when using this, it really is helping with vanishing and preventing spots, these wipes are great!


Well, I hope you enjoyed that and please, embrace the high quality pictures, hahaha.
Tell me below what your current beauty favourites are!

That's all for now,
Rachel. xo

You May Also Like

11 comments