KIND OF REVIEW: Goodbye Silver Hair. (L'Oreal Feria Blackest Black 20)

by - 07:24

Hey guys!
So the other day I made the impulse decision to dye my hair black. I was just so sick of my damaged blonde hair and just wanted a dark colour so that I could give my hair some time to repair. Well I just love the look of black hair on people with pale skin (I'm one of those pale skinned people) so I did it! I also cut in some vintage short bangs, (that's a short, curled upwards full fringe to us English people.)


Photo taken from Superdrug.
I used the dye 'L'Oreal Feria - Blackest Black', it uses a weird dye gel called colourant gel and the smell of that stuff is absolutely repugnant. The hair dye itself is permanent and lasts up to 24 weeks and it offers a 6 week treatment of high shine hair colour. This only cost £4.79 from Superdrug, but because I have suuuuper thick hair, I needed two bottles.

As I was putting black straight onto blonde, I left the colour on for a little short of the time it recommended. It recommended leaving it on for 30 minutes but I only left it on for 20, I needed my hair in the best condition possible or else it probably would have started falling out, haha.

I'm usually not a fan of using the conditioners that come with hair dye's, but as L'Oreal Feria is the hair dye my mum uses, she always raves about how lush the conditioner makes her hair feel, so hence the need the for this hair dye over any others. The conditioner and the high-shine elixir that you put in with the developer creme and colourant made my hair feel so soft and smooth. The conditioner comes in a medium sized tube and claims that it's a 6 week treatment, meaning the conditioner will last you 6 weeks, well I put the whole tube on my head straight after washing the dye out so...

After washing the dye out, conditioning and drying I decided to cut my fringe. I'd been admiring Bettie Page and Katy Perry for a while so attempted a short curled up full fringe, almost Bettie bang-like but without the shorter bits at the side. I absolutely love how my hair turned out. My fringe stops about an half an inch or so above my eyebrows so it's fairly short but too short. Just means I won't have to cut it so often when it grows out.

Here's the finished result. (Sorry for the awful webcam quality, it was the only way, haha!)
I'm really glad that I dyed it black and I don't regret it at all like I thought I would.
Gone are the days of brightly coloured hair, I think I'm sticking with this colour for a looong time.

That's all for now,
Rachel. xo


You May Also Like

1 comments