Mini Haul! (Superdrug, Poundland and Boots)

by - 18:58

Hey!
So I just went to town with Mum and went for a quick look in Superdrug, Poundland and Boots.
I came back with some great things :-)





 I'll start off with this adorable Yankee Candle votive candle, so there's a privately run card and gift shop opposite the Superdrug in my town, so as I left Superdrug I noticed the rather large bookshelf filled with different shapes, sizes and scents of these lovely candles. I'd been wanting the Snowflake Cookie scent for a while but a lot of the votive candles had been sold out online when I went to buy them. (I hate how popular they are sometimes.)
For £1.80, how could I could not say yes? The votive candles are an absolute steal, get yourself a pretty votive candle holder for a couple of quid and a couple of these votive candles and you've spent about £6 on 30 hours of fragrance, two different scents and a pretty votive candle holder. Whereas if you bought one of their small jars it would cost you £8-£9 for around 30 hours of fragrance, you just get a boring glass jar with it and only one scent.


So that's a votive candle holder. Well, I initially went into Poundland to look for another candle and found this festive little thing. They had a range of colours, silver, blue and red. I went for red because it's Christmasy. So for £1 you get two of these little votive holders. I like the look of them because they look kind of vintage, and the way the glass is, it looks like there's tiny cracks in the glass (there isn't by the way, haha. I know it's from Poundland but hey.) I'm so impressed with this. I haven't had a play with it yet because I'm saving it until the week leading up to Christmas to use with my Snowflake Cookie Yankee Candle votive. I'm definitely not disappointed with this. This is by the same brand as the Mango and Papaya candle (see below.) I just hope it doesn't melt while the candle's burning or whatever, haha!


Prior to the Yankee Candle buying, I popped into Superdrug especially for this lipstick. It's the Collection limited edition Little Mix lipstick in shade 'Perrie'. Now, I adore Perrie Edwards, she's perfect and since I have purple/pink hair, I thought, why not true a purple lipstick? (Okay the picture doesn't do it justice, but on the lips it's a really pretty pink toned lilac colour.) For some people it may be a bit 'out there', but it's not too in ya' face. I struggled to find this at the Collection stand because all of the Little Mix collection was just spread about willy nilly, only complaint I have is - Sort your damn presentation skills, Superdrug. I won't go too in depth on this lipstick as there will be a full review coming soon. For £2.99, it's a great lipstick!


Noticing a theme yet? Now this find was from Poundland funnily enough, it's by the brand Coley and Gill (which honestly, I'd never heard of before.) Though I was drawn to it because of the scent, mango is one of my favourite scents. So anything mango and I'm straight to it. I was in Tesco the other week and was looking at their candle selection and I picked up one of the Jelly Belly tin candles in the mango scent, I actually smelt like puke. PUKE. Why puke? I don't know, the smell was absolutely pungent. I ended up leaving Tesco with the Jelly Belly tin candle in the scent 'Bubblegum', it actually smelled like bubble gum and it's great.
So this candle has a burning time of 20 hours. Now for a Poundland candle, I'm so impressed, you usually find candles from Poundland burn for about 8-10 hours. The frosted glass votive holder is so cute aswell, makes it look a lot more expensive than it actually is. It also came in a lavender scent and a french vanilla scent, they were both a bit strong though. For £1, I may stock up on these so I have enough to last me until next Christmas, haha!


Lastly, I went into Boots (for the pure fact that my Superdrug no longer stocks this colour, ugh.)
I bought these a month ago and they were on a 2 for £7 offer, I was disheartened to find out that that offer had ended and they were £4.50 each. As I need two boxes for my hair (I have really thick hair, it's awful) I wasn't going to leave the shop without this hair dye offer or no offer.
This in my opinion is the best semi-permanent hair dye I've tried. I've tried Directions by La Riche - washes out in like 3 washes. I've tried Manic Panic - washes out in like 4-5 washes. Where as this colour will stay in my hair for at least a month, even now my hair colour hasn't washed out but because I'm bleaching my roots on Saturday night, it'll fade the colour out so. My hair doesn't go the colour on the box because I've got purple colour build up from all the purple semi-permanent dyes I've tried. My aim is to get my hair a magenta/fuschia colour, I'm close to it! I don't think I'll ever go back to other semi-permanent dyes and I really hope Schwarzkopf don't discontinue this collection any time soon.

I hope you enjoyed this mini haul! Not bad for half an hour in town.
That's all for now,
Rachel. xo

You May Also Like

2 comments