REVIEW: Camouflage Kit Cream Concealer Palette by W7 Makeup. (*)

by - 12:35

Hey!
So I have a review for you today. The kind people at W7 Makeup sent me this palette to try out and review for you, so let's goooo. (Please excuse the not very great quality photos too, mum's at work today so she ran off with the DSLR so you're just going to have to bare with me, haha.)


First impressions? I'm just going to point out right now, the packaging of this product is my favourite type of packaging, just because it's so simplistic. You can see a little bit of the concealers peaking through and then the rest is covered. Also white is personally my favourite colour when it comes to packaging, although probably not practical when you go to pick it up with foundation and eyeshadow all over your fingers. I also like that it comes with a double-ended concealer brush and a mirror. (Nice touch, W7.) This concealer retails from £2.50-£3.

(This is as bad as the pictures are going to get okay.)

 All of these concealers are rather yellow based which is a bit annoying as my skin tone is quite pink but I thought "if I can find a concealer pale enough it'll be great" and low and behold, I did. The first colour is the only fairly pink toned concealer in the palette so I mixed that with the second shade and my perfect shade is made. Another thing I love about cream concealer paletter, the freedom to mix the shades together to create your perfect shade. Remind me of mixing paints at school, haha.


The brush: Now, the brush that comes with this isn't my favourite but for the purpose of this review I've only tried this concealer with the brush it comes with. For me, the brush a little too small and it's hard to blend the product with this brush so when I've needed to blend I've been lightly patting it into the skin with my fingers.

So, let's get to the good bit. The product itself. This little package arrived at my door at 9.15 this morning and as soon as I saw it I ripped the packaging up just to try it out so it's been on my skin already for about 3 hours. One thing I'd like to point out from the start, these concealers feel very oily and greasy when they're on your skin, so if you have oily skin I would not recommend this palette to you. Now for all my fellow dry skin friends, this concealer may be the thing you've been missing from your make up bag. There is one thing about this concealer palette that I really don't like, it's not the best at hiding blemishes, when put over blemishes it just sits there and is very hard to blend, so the word 'camouflage' doesn't really spring to mind. This is a perfect under-eye concealer though, if you're like me and don't like all this 'light reflecting-shimmery-glittery-shiny' under-eye concealer malarky, you're probably going to appreciate this palette's existence. It works great under the eyes, for someone who's been getting 2 hours of sleep every night pretty much, with very large bags under their eyes, this has worked great to cover up those awful looking eye bags. I also have weird discolouration under my eyes and this works to even out my skin tone. Although the lasting time of this product is something to be desired, after only an hour and a half it appeared to be disappearing from under my eyes (of course, for the purpose of this review I didn't use any primers or powders therefore if you were to use them I'm sure it would last a few hours longer).

So a conclusion? This palette is great for under the eyes but doesn't live up to the 'camouflage' name it has as it's not great at covering up blemishes. Best for people with dryer skin as it's feels quite oily but overall a good concealer for the price!

It's available to buy from here, here or here.

That's all for now,
Rachel. xo

You May Also Like

0 comments